Attention ICGI Members:
You are cordially invited to attend the 2020 ICGI Workshop at PAG on January 12, 2020 from
4:00 - 6:15 pm in East 1 at the Town and Country Hotel in San Diego, CA. We have an
exciting program planned at this year's workshop as noted below.
We will hear a total of 6 talks (each 20 minutes) from an array of distinguished
* Dr. Jeff Chen, University of Texas, 'Upland Cotton Genome Sequence'
* Dr. Xueying (Yuki) Guan, Zheijang University, 'Neofunctionalization of LncRNAs
Originated in Cotton Interspecific Hybridization and Polyploidization'
* Dr. Avinash Sreedasyam, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology, 'Genome-wide
Variations Provide Insight into the Genetic Architecture of Cotton Elite Lines'
* Mr. Jeevan Adhikari, University of Georgia, 'Development and Characterization
of a Reciprocal Set of Interspecific Near Isogenic Lines in Cotton'
* Dr. Gregory Thyssen, USDA-ARS, 'MAGIC Population from 11 Upland Cotton
Varieties Reveals Genetic Loci Affecting Agronomic and Fiber Phenotypes Including Flame
Retardancy of Textiles'
* Dr. Shuangxia Jin, Huazhong Agricultural University, 'New Variants of CRISPR
RNA-Guided Genome Editing System in Cotton'
At the conclusion of these excellent talks, we will hear from the lead organizer of the
ICGI 2020 Conference Israel, Dr. Yehoshua (Shuki) Saranga.
I hope that you will plan to attend this exciting workshop, and please accept our best
wishes for a Happy Holiday season!
Todd Campbell, ICGI Co-Chair
Tianzhen Zhang, ICGI Chair
Show replies by date