Hello to the Rosaceae Community!
The U.S. Rosaceae Executive Committee has some exciting news to share with students and
This year we are introducing a new award for excellence in Rosaceae research as
demonstrated through publications. There will be four awards, one each for undergraduates,
M.S., Ph.D., and postdoctoral students.
Submissions will be judged upon the following criteria:
- Novelty of the research
- Clear and concise presentation
- Ability to have high impact on the current understanding in the field
- Current and future applications of the research
Awards will be presented at the U.S. RosEXEC meeting in January 2019 at the Plant and
Animal Genome Meeting in San Diego, CA. Award winners do not need to be present to receive
* Full-time undergraduate, M.S., Ph.D. student, or postdoctoral student
* Relevant basic or applied research in a Rosaceae crop area
* Publication and first authorship in a peer-reviewed journal
* Full name
* Layperson summary of the research (i.e., for the general public) to include the
impact of the research on current understanding in the field and on future research
All submissions should be submitted to Mercy Olmstead (RosEXEC chair) at
molmstead(a)calstrawberry.org by DECEMBER 3rd, 2018. Please let your colleagues and students
know about this award, and distribute this announcement.
If you have any questions, please contact Mercy Olmstead
Good luck and we are looking forward to seeing everyone at the PAG meeting for the January
Mercy and the RosEXEC Student Award Committee
Mercy Olmstead, Ph.D.
Sr. Mgr. Production Research and Education
California Strawberry Commission<http://californiastrawberries.com/>
Main: (831) 724-1301
Direct: (831) 200-4682
Cell: (831) 228-2404