Hello RosEXEC members! We are ready to vote on the 2018 candidates for RosEXEC. Voting begins November 27th, 2017 and ends December 8th, 2017. Please go to the following web site on GDR (link below) to fill out your electronic ballot. You can learn more about any candidates' background and vision for RosEXEC contribution by clicking on their name. https://tinyurl.com/yaloxev3 The community will elect four new U.S. members and two new International members to a 3-year term. U.S.-based members vote for both U.S. candidates and International candidates. International community members vote for International candidates only. This year's slate is diverse with lots of new faces that will surely enhance our mission and efforts. We encourage you to consider voting to create a leadership group that will appropriately represent the amazing diversity of the Rosaceae community. Current RosEXEC membership can be found at: https://www.rosaceae.org/community/rosexec_2017 As a reminder, the mission of RosEXEC is to:
* Serve as a communication and coordination focal point for the U.S. Rosaceae genomics, genetics, and breeding community.
* Define research priorities based on input from the industry and research community.
* Facilitate scientific interaction and foster dynamic research teams.
* Promote research priorities.
* Coordinate educational efforts from the research community to the industry and the public.
* Serve as an official steering committee for the Genome Database for Rosaceae
Thanks again to the following U.S. and International members rotating off for their service to our community: U.S. International Cameron Peace Eric van de Weg Jill Bushakra David Chagne Chunxian Chen Amy Iezzoni Kenong Xu
Regards, Mercy Olmstead RosEXEC, Chair Elect and Membership Subcommittee Chair in 2017
Mercy Olmstead, Ph.D. Sr. Mgr. Production Research and Education California Strawberry Commissionhttp://californiastrawberries.com/ email@example.com:firstname.lastname@example.org Main: (831) 724-1301 Direct: (831) 200-4682 Cell: (831) 228-2404 [Commission Logo_4cp]