Stating your general objectives does not reveal much of your hand.
Does the RosEXEC have no role to play in facilitating the community's response to this granting opportunity? PIs could choose to not reveal the details of their proposals to other PIs. If the community is so competitive that we do not even want to reveal our intentions to submit a proposal, can the RosEXEC expect to do much more than periodically revise the White Paper.
From: Folta, Kevin M. [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:07 PM To: Norelli, Jay; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Amit Dhingra; Bassil, Nahla; Dardick, Chris; Jim Luby; Volk, Gayle; Sue Gardiner; Jasper Rees; Dan Sargent (EMR); email@example.com Cc: Bert Abbott Subject: RE: [ROSEXEC-LIST] Slight Time Change ### RosEXEC Conference call-Date:Monday June 2 Time NOW 4:15 PM Eastern US
I could not be on the c-call... inaccessible this week.
I hope that RosEXEC has a minimal role in gatekeeping/organizing etc. We each know the players and the best way to pursue teambuilding. Why broadcast our intentions to the rest of the world when they aren't showing their cards? Especially innovative topics (that may arise) from Rosaceae proposals should be kept under the hat, especially with the short time frame.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [email@example.com] On Behalf Of Norelli, Jay [Jay.Norelli@ARS.USDA.GOV] Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:36 AM To: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Amit Dhingra; Bassil, Nahla; Dardick, Chris; Jim Luby; Volk, Gayle; Sue Gardiner; Jasper Rees; Dan Sargent (EMR); firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: Bert Abbott Subject: Re: [ROSEXEC-LIST] Slight Time Change ### RosEXEC Conference call -Date:Monday June 2 Time NOW 4:15 PM Eastern US
Excellent discussion yesterday. In our next conference call I suggest we try to focus on resolving some specific questions. Here are my top 3:
1. Will the FY08 NRI RoseCAP be submitted to the Specialty Crop Program ? My read of the discussion was that the NRI RoseCAP would not be submitted to the Specialty Crop Program as a CAP proposal. There were 2 alternatives presented a) it be withheld for submission as a FY09 NRI CAP proposal and b) it serve as the basis for a larger Coordinated Systems Project (CSP).
2. What role will the RosEXEC play in the Specialty Crop Program grant submission process? It is clear that there will be several proposals submitted from the Rosaceae community to this program. I do not think the RosEXEC can or should try to be a gatekeeper in the grant submission process. Rather, I think we will better serve the community by functioning as a conduit for communication and community organization. I suggest that we a) forward information about the Specialty Crop Program to the entire US Rosaceae community through the GDR and b) we request community members to make us aware if they plan to submit a proposal to the program, the type of proposal they plan to submit, and the project objectives. The RosEXEC could then make PIs aware of other members of the community with similar objectives to facilitate team building. The PIs could then determine for themselves if team building makes sense or they wish to submit competing or different proposals.
3. Will the RosEXEC attempt to coordinate the submission of a single CSP from the Rosaceae community or leave it to individual community members to organize their own proposals?
Best regards, Jay Norelli
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Gennaro Fazio Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2008 2:40 PM To: email@example.com; 'Amit Dhingra'; Bassil, Nahla; Dardick, Chris; 'Jim Luby'; Volk, Gayle; 'Sue Gardiner'; 'Jasper Rees'; 'Dan Sargent (EMR)'; firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: Norelli, Jay; 'Bert Abbott' Subject: [ROSEXEC-LIST] Slight Time Change ### RosEXEC Conference call -Date:Monday June 2 Time NOW 4:15 PM Eastern US Importance: High
There were three people that had a slight time problem so if it is OK with the rest of you we'll start 45 min later. So same date (Monday June 2) but at 4:15 PM.
I will log on at 3:30 PM just in case someone does not get this Email or if someone needs to communicate something to the group but cannot make it at the later time - trying to be as accommodating as possible. I appreciate your patience and service.
Below are the instructions for logging in to the conference system - they have not changed from last time. Talk to you then.
All the best, Gennaro
PARTICIPANT ACCESS INFORMATION:
PARTICIPANT PASSCODE: 2402523
TO JOIN A CONFERENCE
1) You must use a touch-tone phone to participate in an Instant Meeting
2) Dial the appropriate access number
3) Enter numeric passcode followed by a "#"
LEADER & PARTICIPANT ACCESS INFORMATION
Click http://www.mymeetings.com/audioconferencing/globalAccessFAQ.php for information on specific country access dialing.
Country Toll Numbers Freephone/Toll Free Number
AUSTRALIA ADELAIDE: 61-8-8121-4883 1-800-659-380
AUSTRALIA BRISBANE: 61-7-3102-0985 1-800-659-380
AUSTRALIA CANBERRA: 61-2-6100-1985 1-800-659-380
AUSTRALIA MELBOURNE: 61-3-9010-7754 1-800-659-380
AUSTRALIA PERTH: 61-8-9467-5264 1-800-659-380
AUSTRALIA SYDNEY: 61-2-8205-8123 1-800-659-380
AUSTRIA 43-1-92-81-120 0800-005-266
BELGIUM 32-2-400-9824 0800-3-8744
CZECH REPUBLIC 420-2-25-98-56-73 800-700-235
DENMARK 45-7014-0300 8088-8304
FINLAND 358-106-33-205 0-800-9-14607
FRANCE LYON: 33-4-26-69-12-99 080-563-6110
FRANCE MARSEILLE: 33-4-86-06-00-99 080-563-6110
FRANCE PARIS: 33-1-76-74-24-94 080-563-6110
GERMANY 49-69-2222-4873 0800-664-4254
GREECE 30-80-1-100-0698 00800-12-7310
HONG KONG 852-2286-5729 800-933-921
IRELAND 353-1-247-5678 1800-992-935
ITALY 39-02-3600-6016 800-986-993
JAPAN OSAKA: 81-6-7739-4783 0044-22-132424
JAPAN TOKYO: 81-3-5539-5187 0044-22-132424
NETHERLANDS 31-20-718-8596 0800-023-1812
NEW ZEALAND 64-9-970-4767 0800-450-789
NORWAY 47-21-590-072 800-15308
SINGAPORE 65-6883-9226 800-120-4675
SLOVAK REPUBLIC 421-2-322-422-39
SOUTH AFRICA 080-09-80424
SOUTH KOREA 82-2-6744-1079 00798-14800-7189
SPAIN 34-91-414-25-40 800-300-060
SWEDEN 46-8-566-19-397 0200-884-614
SWITZERLAND 41-44-580-6402 0800-120-039
TAIWAN 886-2-2795-7375 00801-137-796
UNITED KINGDOM BIRMINGHAM: 44-121-210-9039 0808-238-6019
UNITED KINGDOM GLASGOW: 44-141-202-3239 0808-238-6019
UNITED KINGDOM LEEDS: 44-113-301-2139 0808-238-6019
UNITED KINGDOM LONDON: 44-20-3043-2499 0808-238-6019
UNITED KINGDOM MANCHESTER: 44-161-601-1439 0808-238-6019
USA 1-517-466-2232 866-692-3582
Gennaro Fazio, PhD Apple Rootstock Breeder and Geneticist Plant Genetic Resources Unit USDA ARS Cornell University - 630 W. North St. Geneva, NY 14456 (315) 787-2480 Office (315) 787-2216 Fax